28 October 2009

Submission

That word is so powerful and either encourages you, scares you, gets your feathers ruffled, or all three! I have long had a fascination with Biblical submission. I have read numerous books, done numerous studies, and yet still feel like I have so much to learn.

So, when I came across an online study of Proverbs 31:10-31, I was intrigued yet again. I've been looking for a Bible study that I could really get into, and this seems like it will be a great one.

If you are new to the concept of Biblical submission, or think you know what it is really about, or just need some encouragement; I encourage you to read and study and let the Holy Spirit speak to you.

This also ties in with my desire to "rise up early" and have daily devotions with the Lord. It used to be so easy to get out of bed at 5am and make it to the gym for a 5:45am aerobics class. Then I would shower and get dressed for work (at the gym) and eat breakfast before heading off to the working world. This was all before I was married, or even met my husband. Anyway, I've been thinking that if I could do it then, I could do it now. Except instead of exercising my muscles, I would be exercising my faith and devotion to God.

I still haven't managed to get out of bed at 5am (and be a member of the 5 o'clock and FAM clubs), but I am slowly working toward that goal. I know it will only help me, and I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment